Over the years we have written a number of articles on the scythe and related topics. If you have a question that is not addressed in our articles or web site feel free to send us an email.
- A Short Guide to Choosing Your Scythe
- A Quick Start Guide to the Scythe
- Instructions: the instructions we send out with our outfits.
- Sharpening & Honing: Detailed notes on stones.
- Snath Selection: A brief guide on snaths and how to choose the right snath for you.
- Blade Selection Guidelines: Information and pointers on choosing the right blade.
- Snath Assembly: Instructions for our snaths with some general advice, (same as instructions, above).
- Tips & Advice: Our list of pointers and helpful instruction.
- Why Use a Scythe: A list of the ways our customers use their scythes
- Frequently Asked Questions: Frequently Asked Questions
- Waterproofing Your Snath: How to ensure that your snath lives a long, healthy life.
- Blade Repair: An introduction to our blade repair service and example of a successful repair.
- On Sickles: A discussion on sickle use and safety.
- Blade Weights & Measurements
- Building a Simple Grain Cradle: use these instructions to build your very own grain cradle.
- Making a Peening Log
In The Field
In The Press
Published articles either by us or about us:
- Scythe Supply Helps Restore a Tradition
- The Beauty of Scythes
- Farm Show: An article about Scythe Supply in Farm Show Magazine.
- Scythe: Intro Essay
- Scythe Supply featured in Downeast Magazine: We were honored to be featured in the famous Down East Magazine in October, 2018. Written by Joyce Kryszak with photos by Michael D. Wilson, the article provides a bit of the story of Scythe Supply and includes an interview with our very own Carol Bryan.
Read Testimonials from ScytheSupply customers.
back to home