Choice of Blades with the Standard Outfit
Grass/Ditch Blade: 22"/55cm
Grass Blades: 24"/60cm, 26"/65cm
Ditch Blades: 18"/45 cm, 24"/60cm, 26"/65cm
All Bush Blades, all Left Hand Blades.
- Outfits with Bush blades are $205
- Outfits with a 28"/70cm Grass blade or 28"/60cm Ditch blade are $205 each
- Outfit with a 30" ditch blade are $210
- Outfit with a 32" blade $215; with a 36" blade $220
The Outfit includes all the tools needed to use and maintain your scythe.
Base Price $200Build a custom outfit
Outfits are composed of quality parts and will satisfy both beginners and experts.
Choose your own blade. Read our article on Blade Selection Guidelines.
Custom sizing of snaths is included with our Maine Made Snaths. Read our Snath Selection Article.
Sharpening of our blades is a $7 option. We will hand sharpen your blade making it ready to mow. You will have the opportunity to select sharpening during the ordering process. You may also be interested in reading our article "Sharpening & Honing".
A Short Guide to Choosing Your Scythe is a great place to start if you're not sure about which components are right for you.
Taking your measurements for your custom-fit snath is simple - just take out your favorite tape measure and provide the following 3 measurements:
- Overall height (with shoes on).
- Ground to hip - the head or ball of the femur not your waist. Still not sure how to take this measurement? See this video (~1mb)
- Elbow to outstretched middle finger (the cubit).
Not sure if you've taken your correct measurements? Read more about fitting a scythe to your body, see workshop 5. To view a spreadsheet of average body measurements in inches, (height, hip, cubit), click here. If you have read all of the above and still have further questions please contact us. We will be happy to help you through the measuring process.Ready to order? Build a custom outfit
back to home